What is VitalSleep?
VitalSleep is a personalized anti-snore mouthpiece and one of the many anti-snoring devices on the market. VitalSleep allows you to experience a quiet, restful sleep with a doctor recommended, FDA-cleared snoring solution. This anti-snore mouthpiece is made in the USA and free from BPA, a chemical found in many plastics that has been linked to serious health conditions.
How Does VitalSleep Work?
VitalSleep is an anti-snoring device known as a mandibular advancement device (MAD). Snoring is caused by a partial obstruction of the airway. Any loose tissue in the airway vibrates with the movement of air when breathing during sleep, and this is what causes the sound of snoring. By gently lifting the jaw forward during sleep, VitalSleep can open the airway to reduce or eliminate snoring.
How Much Does VitalSleep Cost?
The regular price for a VitalSleep anti-snore mouthpiece is $79.95, or two devices for $139.95, and $7.95 for 3-5 day delivery. Currently, free shipping is being offered with code NEWORDER. The company also offers military discounts.
VitalSleep includes a 60-day money back guarantee, free replacements for a whole year for any reason, and free size exchanges.
Side Effects of Using VitalSleep Anti-Snoring Devices
The manufacturer does warn that this device may have some side effects such as tooth movement and changes in bite, soreness in both the mouth and jaw, excessive salivation, and obstruction of oral breathing.
Side effects for VitalSleep seem to be similar to most of the other anti-snore mouthpieces it competes with, and in many cases they are out-weighed by the benefits.
Unique Features of a VitalSleep Anti-Snore Mouthpieces:
- Unlike many of its competitors, VitalSleep offers a 60-day, money back guarantee!
- According to the website, VitalSleep offers free replacements for a full year for any reason at all.
- Not only does it offer a custom fit, it comes in two different sizes, regular and small. The small is 10 percent smaller than the regular size and is recommended for women.
- Each purchase comes with a free e-book titled “33 Tips To Reclaim a Good Night’s Sleep.”
- The anti-snoring device comes with a hex tool that can be used to make small, incremental adjustments to fit your comfort needs. It can adjust the lower jaw forward up to 7mm and allows you to open your mouth up to 25 degrees.
- VitalSleep can last over 2 years depending on how often it is used, which is longer than many other anti-snoring devices.
- Buyers are protected by the Norton Shopping Guarantee for peace of mind when purchasing.
Should I Try VitalSleep?
If you are an adult who snores, VitalSleep may be a good option for you! However, do not use VitalSleep if you have (or may have):
- Central sleep apnea
- Any respiratory disorder, including emphysema or asthma
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (TJD) or any jaw pain
- Braces, retainers, or recent dental implants
Is VitalSleep Customizable?
The answer is yes. VitalSleep is a boil and bite anti-snoring device which creates a personalized, custom fit for its user.
This anti-snore mouthpiece arrives packaged in a box with a plastic case, instruction booklet, and hex key for making adjustments. Before personalizing the device it helps to read through the step-by-step instructions and prepare the materials needed to create the customized impression.
The materials needed to customize the anti-snoring device are water and a pot, a timer, tongs, and two large coffee mugs. The easy-to-read instructions will walk you through preparing and fitting your anti-snore mouthpiece. After heating and customizing the device it should fit comfortably in your mouth. Impressions for each individual tooth may not show up after fitting, but the instructions state that this is normal.
As an anti-snoring device that’s worn in the mouth during sleep, VitalSleep is pretty comfortable. Not only is the fit customized, it has a flexible frame and enlarged opening, making it easy on nighttime mouth-breathers.
Will I Get Used to Wearing a VitalSleep Anti-Snoring Device?
Sleeping with a new anti-snoring device in the mouth can take some getting used to. Drooling is likely to occur in the beginning, as well as some soreness. This can go away over a period of a few days.
The manufacturer recommends starting by sleeping with the device in a neutral position for the first few days. This will help you get accustomed to sleeping with an anti-snore mouthpiece. After the first few days, if it has not reduced snoring in this position, you may begin adjusting it to help open your airway. Turning each screw clockwise with the hex key will bring the bottom of the device forward. Make sure to adjust both sides equally. If snoring does not seem to be reduced enough, it is recommended to continue adjusting the bottom half forward in small increments.
How Can I Clean a VitalSleep Device?
Clean your anti-snoring device after each use by rinsing it with cold water and brushing it with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Dry it and store it in the plastic case it comes with. The instructions also mention an alternative cleaning method: VitalSleep can be soaked in denture cleaner.
Snoring not only disrupts your nightly sleep, but your partner’s as well. Mandibular advancement anti-snoring devices can work wonders if you take the time to do the research and understand how they work. When choosing a device, it’s important to look at the individual features, highlights, and how they will benefit your personal needs. Finding the right anti-snore mouthpiece can greatly reduce or even eliminate snoring for a better night’s sleep, more daytime energy, and happier bed partners.
|Adjustable with included hex tool to move the lower jaw.||$69.95||View Website|
ASA receives a financial benefit from linking to some snoring mouthpieces.
- Ask The Sleep Doctor: Sleep and Appearance, Sleep and Alzheimer’s and Sleep and Hyperactivity - March 24, 2019
- Ask The Sleep Doctor:Depression and Sleep, Sleep Apps and Sleep Apnea and Car Accidents - February 12, 2019
- Ask The Sleep Doctor:Sleep Apnea in Child, Palpitations, Coffee and Sleep and more - January 18, 2019