The 3B Lumin is a CPAP cleaner that uses ultraviolet light to effectively kill 99 percent of fungi, bacteria, and other germs.
If you use a CPAP, it’s important for your health to keep it clean. Bacteria, fungi, and other germs love to linger in places with humidity, like a CPAP machine.
Unfortunately, it can be difficult to keep up with the recommended time-consuming, regular cleaning schedule. When harmful pathogens aren’t consistently cleaned away, they can re-enter your airway while wearing your machine and cause respiratory irritation, infections, or other illnesses.
CPAP Cleaners Overview
There are now machines available to clean your CPAP devices for you, in a lot less time than doing it yourself.
Some CPAP cleaner machines use activated oxygen, also known as ozone, to kill bacteria and other germs. These machines break down oxygen and create oxidants to effectively kill bacteria and germs in your CPAP.
How the 3B Lumin is Different
The Lumin CPAP cleaner is not like the other CPAP cleaners. Instead of activated oxygen, the Lumin uses ultraviolet light to clean and sanitize the CPAP mask. This is the same form of sanitation used in hospital operating rooms.
At a certain range of wavelengths, typically between 260nm-270 nm, UV light can kill off bacteria and other germs by breaking the molecular bonds within the DNA of these microorganisms.
The Lumin CPAP cleaner uses a wavelength of 265nm, which has been shown to be the most deadly wavelength for these germs.
3B recently released the Lumin Bullet for cleaning the CPAP hose which is part of the CPAP supplies. It cleans the inside of the hose within one minute. The 3B Lumin Bullet uses UV light to deactivate bacteria and other pathogens
Lumin CPAP Cleaner Features:
- The cleaning cycle lasts only 5 minutes.
- It’s environmentally friendly and does not use harsh chemicals to clean.
- It leaves no residue on your equipment.
- No replacement parts are required.
- The UV-C bulb runs for about 9,000 hours and should outlast the life of your machine.
- If for some reason your bulb becomes damaged or stops working, replacement bulbs are available.
- The cost is currently $249 with free shipping.
- A 30-day free trial is currently offered.
To use the Lumin CPAP cleaner, just plug it in, open the drawer, put in your equipment, and hit the button to run the 5-minute cycle.
Not only is the Lumin CPAP cleaner easy to use to clean your CPAP sleep apnea equipment, but it can also sanitize anything that fits in its drawer. You can also clean oral appliances, toothbrushes, hearing aids, etc.
How Much Does Lumin Cost? Coupons and Discounts?
The Lumin costs about $250. Shipping is usually included in the price. There are occasion discounts and coupons available. Any known discounts will be listed here.
Lumin CPAP Cleaner Reviews
Several reviews for the Lumin CPAP cleaner stated that it’s easy to use and self-explanatory. The drawer is easily accessed, it only takes one hit of a button to turn it on, and the cycle run time is only 5 minutes.
Many that bought the device found it convenient that they could also sanitize other items such as toothbrushes, hearing aids, dentures, and even dog toys.
Some owners of this machine stated that they no longer get sinus infections and have noticed improvements in other respiratory symptoms, as well as improved sleep.
Latest posts by ASA Authors & Reviewers (see all)
- Ask The Sleep Doctor: Sleep and Appearance, Sleep and Alzheimer’s and Sleep and Hyperactivity - March 24, 2019
- Ask The Sleep Doctor:Depression and Sleep, Sleep Apps and Sleep Apnea and Car Accidents - February 12, 2019
- Ask The Sleep Doctor:Sleep Apnea in Child, Palpitations, Coffee and Sleep and more - January 18, 2019