What is a Sleep Apnea Test?
A sleep apnea test is tool that is used for the diagnosis of sleep apnea. There are two types of sleep apnea test: Home Sleep Test (HST) and polysomnography (laboratory sleep study in a sleep center).
Sleep Apnea Tests measure the following signals:
- Nasal , Oral Airflow – helps to assess air in an out of the body.
- Respiratory Effort – Flexible belts are positioned on the chest and abdomen.
- Oxymeter Finger Probe – a device that is placed on the finger that assesses oxygen saturation in the body
Once the sleep doctor interprets the sleep apnea test, a report is returned to the ordering physician who discusses the results of the home sleep testing.
How Much Does a Sleep Apnea Test Cost?
The cost of a portable sleep apnea test is around $300. Medicare, Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Aetna, Cigna, and most other insurance companies often cover the cost of sleep apnea tests
- What is Sleep Apnea?
- Sleep Apnea Signs and Symptoms
- Sleep Apnea – Diagnosis
- What is CPAP?
- Support groups
- Oral Appliances for Sleep Apnea
- What is a PAP-NAP?