Sleep Disorder Awareness Week is sponsored by the American
The primary objective of this campaign is to improve the nation's knowledge about the signs, symptoms, complications, diagnosis, and treatment options of Insomnia, RLS, sleep apnea, narcolepsy, circadian rhythm disorders, and parasomnias.
Newstations and Sleep Professionals around the country will be providing life-saving information every day during Sleep Disorder Awareness Week.
COMPLICATIONS of SLEEP DISORDERS
| - Sleep Apnea
- Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS)
- Circadian Rhythm Disorders
- Children's Sleep Disorders
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder.
- Many more sleep disorders...
|- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Accidents from daytime sleepiness
- Increased risk of heart attack, strokes, and arrhythmias with sleep apnea
- Self injury with parasomnias and REM behavior disorder
- Decreased mental and physical ability
© 2020 American Sleep Association.