Sleep Disorder Awareness Week is sponsored by the American
The primary objective of this campaign is to improve the nation’s knowledge about the signs, symptoms, complications, diagnosis, and treatment options of Insomnia, RLS, sleep apnea, narcolepsy, circadian rhythm disorders, and parasomnias.
Newstations and Sleep Professionals around the country will be providing life-saving information every day during Sleep Disorder Awareness Week.
COMPLICATIONS of SLEEP DISORDERS
| – Sleep Apnea
– Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS)
– Circadian Rhythm Disorders
– Children’s Sleep Disorders
– REM Sleep Behavior Disorder.
– Many more sleep disorders…
|– Excessive daytime sleepiness
– Accidents from daytime sleepiness
– Increased risk of heart attack, strokes, and arrhythmias with sleep apnea
– Self injury with parasomnias and REM behavior disorder
– Decreased mental and physical ability
- Ask The Sleep Doctor: Sleep and Appearance, Sleep and Alzheimer’s and Sleep and Hyperactivity - March 24, 2019
- Ask The Sleep Doctor:Depression and Sleep, Sleep Apps and Sleep Apnea and Car Accidents - February 12, 2019
- Ask The Sleep Doctor:Sleep Apnea in Child, Palpitations, Coffee and Sleep and more - January 18, 2019