VirtuClean is a CPAP cleaner that uses activated oxygen and has been shown to be 99.99% effective in killing germs and bacteria in CPAP’s.
If you have a CPAP machine, it’s a pretty safe bet that you wear it every night. And if you’re not committed to your regular cleaning schedule, bacteria, fungi, and other germs can start to accumulate and even potentially enter back into your airway when you put your mask back on.
Keeping your CPAP clean is important for your health, but unfortunately, many people fail to comply with their daily and weekly, time-consuming cleanings.
Fortunately, there are now machines on the market that can help you with daily cleaning and sanitizing of your CPAP machine.
How Many CPAP Cleaners Work
Ultra-violet light. Ultra-violet light has three different spectrums that vary in wavelengths. At a specific range of wavelengths, UV light has been shown to kill molds, bacteria, fungi, and other germs that may be in your CPAP machine. This form of sanitizing is also used in hospital rooms.
Activated oxygen. These machines break down oxygen, known as O2, and add on a molecule to create O3, also known as activated oxygen. This process turns the molecule into an oxidant, which can end up killing the germs or bacteria growing in your machine and CPAP mask.
How VirtuClean Cleans and Sanitzes
Like other CPAP cleaner machines, the VirtuClean uses no water, soap, or chemicals in the cleaning process for your CPAP supplies.
What sets the VirtuClean apart from these other machines seems to be its portability and size. The machine is run on a battery so there’s no cord, and it comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. It’s small in size and weighs only half a pound.
This CPAP cleaner is easy to use. Simply plug your CPAP device into the VirtueClean and turn it on. It does the work for itself and only takes 30 minutes to clean.
- The cost is $299.99 and also comes with an 18-month warranty.
- If you have heated tubing, an adapter may be needed to fit the machine. These can typically be purchased at a medical supply store or online.
- No add-on accessories or maintenance is needed, so you probably won’t face any “hidden charges” after purchasing.
- The battery has a 10-year life.
- Charging the battery takes 2 hours and can be charged with a USB port or AC outlet.
- The manual can easily be found on the manufacturer’s website.
- It works with Bipap machines too
VirtuClean CPAP Cleaner Reviews
Several reviews stated that the best part of this CPAP cleaner is how easy it is to travel with. The size is small and can fit in a suitcase, and since it runs without a cord it can easily fit on any nightstand.
Many users also mentioned how quick and easy it is to clean, it’s simple, and some called it a “time-saver.”
If you have sleep apnea and use a CPAP, the VirtuClean CPAP cleaner is a device to consider.
- Ask The Sleep Doctor: Sleep and Appearance, Sleep and Alzheimer’s and Sleep and Hyperactivity - March 24, 2019
- Ask The Sleep Doctor:Depression and Sleep, Sleep Apps and Sleep Apnea and Car Accidents - February 12, 2019
- Ask The Sleep Doctor:Sleep Apnea in Child, Palpitations, Coffee and Sleep and more - January 18, 2019