www.sleepassociation.org

It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:57 am 

Hi there I'm hoping someone can help me out cuz I can't find a clear answer to this I've been sleeping 3 hours a night for the last months from anxiety and excitement of starting my own company. I useally have had 3 or 4 nights a month of insomnia my entire life even as an infant I am told.

So I have quite a bit of sleep debt as well as the inability to get to sleep. Sites on sleep debt say that you should sleep as much as possible to recover from your sleep debt up to 10 hours a night which I can accomplish but only by using sleep medications in combination. Sites on insomnia say keep your regular schedule bedtime and waking up time no matter what to reestablish your rhythm. I'm not sure which to do but I am sure tired. Two nights I used a combination of Restoril 30 mg and somatomax and I probably slept 12 hours. Not sure if I should continue to do this the catch up as I am not functioning at ths point. Besides Restoril is a barbituate and I had a Xanax Addiction in the past.

I did try a muscle relaxer and Restoril and I think I may have stopped breathing at one point because I woke up without being able to breathe like I had had the wind knocked out of me

I have tried Ambien magnesium, l theanine, l tryptophan, gaba, 5 htp , melatonin, kava, and valerian root, I don't have caffeine within 12 hours of bedtime. I have tried mindful meditation I exercise for an hour every morning.

I wouldn't say I'm suicidal but honestly I think a lot of days when I get up if I died today that would be okay and I feel like I am in physical pain at this point all the time. I had a physical and I am in perfect health in every other aspect I hope someone can give me some guidance.