www.sleepassociation.org

It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:25 am 

Hi everyone,

'I'm a pretty light sleeper, and have been using foam earplugs for a while now (Soft foam ones). Unfortunately, I have reached the end of my tether with them, as they are causing me problems. Some days, I have less hearing in one or both ears, due to having rested on my ears in a funny way. I presume it's because of the change in pressure once I've put them in. They can become pretty painful at various times during the night, but I need them in order to stop being woken up by various noises outside.

As a result, I've started to look into purchasing a noise-cancelling set of headphones (Bose QuietComfort etc), but as they're so expensive, I just wondered if anyone has used them before, and if they're as good as they're being made out to be. I've also thought about buying a pair of heavy-duty headphones that engineers etc use, which are rated to around 70db (Twice that of the earplugs), but with that comes the bulky nature of them, of course!

Any advice would be much-appreciated!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:43 am 

I would also be very interested in knowing. I've been sleeping with earplugs every night for the past four years- I use mac's silicon earplugs, which have less noise-reduction but are more comfortable to sleep with. But I now suddenly really worry about side effects and hearing problems. I hope it's not too late already. I can't imagine sleeping with full access to outside noises.

Sorry there is nothing useful to you in this message:( I wish you all the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:52 am 

Thanks for your comment mate. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem!