New scroring criteria and EEG's-gctid141

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sleepy 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

DrCSingh

Could someone please explain to me the logic of the new EEG recommendations with the new scoring criteria. Why frontal?

sleepy

It is for measuring the amplitude of frontal activity and recognition of N3.

The manual however forgot to clarify if N3 was to be scored from the frontals.

I have an email at work from the aasm saying to continue to score from the centrals – I’ll post it Monday.

I don’t have my manual here at home so I don’t recall if there other justifications/reasons or not. I recall it also mentions Kcomplexes will be more readily recognizable from the frontals.

There will be a course devoted to this in Dec:
    Interpreting Sleep Studies: Using the New AASM Scoring Manual
    December 1-2, 2007Sheraton Austin
    Austin, Texas
    Speaker: Conrad Iber, MD, Course Chair
    Target Audience:
    Sleep medicine professionals including physicians and technologists seeking further understanding of the AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events: Rules, Terminology and Technical Specification.
    Objectives:
    To provide an overview of the AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events: Rules, Terminology and Technical Specification.
    To provide instruction on transitioning from R&K to the new scoring methodology.
    To provide exemplary fragments of polysomnograms scored using the new methodology.

arrghhhh 😕

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.