I have RLS-gctid160

This topic contains 1 reply, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Schaalster 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Angelaw

I was diagnosed with RLS about 2 years ago. I knew that I had something for years and years…but was just diagnosed recently.

I would say that mine was moderate – It bothered me a few times per week, usually before bedtime, I would get these feelings in my calf and sometimes upper legs.

I developed insomnia as a result of the RLS.

Well, I laugh about this, but the commercials did help me to do something about it. I didn’t realize that it was a problem until I started seeing those commercials every day!

Well my doc put me on requip. The first few weeks, I did not notice much of a difference. Then the medication was increased. Now, I rarely have the feelings anymore. The insomnia is gone too.

My understanding is that the meds sometimes need to be adjusted. Well so far so good. I will keep you posted.

Schaalster

I think my fiance may have RLS, and I’m trying to encourage him to go see a doctor about it. Throughout the night, he kicks (up toward the air, not at me) and twitches through his legs and feet. I complained that it was affecting my sleep, and he admitted he feels it affects his own as well. I told him to go to a doctor, but he’s not interested.

Since we’ve talked about the problem, I’ve noticed he kicks and twitches during the day, too — while watching TV, riding the metro, playing on the computer, etc. Does this sound like it could be RLS? Any advice to getting him to see someone about this? Were you hugely relieved when you got medication and saw an improvement?

Thanks in advance!

parc

RLS is the result of the body not getting enough vitamins and minerals. This can be caused by eating the wrong foods, lack of exercise, stress, poor sleeping habits, drug use, alcohol use, or a hormonal imbalance.

NickOsteo

Hold on Parc….

Be careful with your statements. Let’s be evidence based.

There certainly is a correlation between low iron and RLS (and PLMS).
    Not all people with RLS have low iron. However, it should be considered in new patients with RLS.
    Iron supplementation in people with low iron may be helpful.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.