CPAP Treatment-gctid400

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Melissa Sasser 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nacho4

I have just started using a CPAP machine, for the treatment of sleep acnea. I would like ask how long does it normally take for the treatment to start showing some results. I have used for four days. I have noticed small improvement when I awake, not as tired. Three hours later I fell like I still need a nap. I also wake up during the night with a dry throat. May I be breathing thru my mouth while sleep. How long should I wait before thinking about a change. Thanks.

Once you are able to sleep 4 or more hours with the device you should feel improvement. As you state you have a dry mouth upon waking I am concerned your mouth may be opening causing a loss of treatment. This could be the reason you still feel you need a nap. Call your CPAP provider and ask about chinstraps or full face masks. Also, followup with your doctor to assure there are no other concerns causing a delay in your symptom relief.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.