Apnea being treated but still exhausted-gctid483

American Sleep Association Forums General Public Sleep Apnea and Treatment-gc2 Apnea being treated but still exhausted-gctid483

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  parc 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dkiester

I use both an oral device TAP II and a full face mask with a respirator (auto Intellipap) set for a range of 4 to 12. I can not use the TAP alone because I get too much saliva and cough and the readings on the respirator are much better when I add the TAP. The readings on the machine indicate I am being successfully treated, but the next day I still experience great sleepiness. I had a recent sleep study in which the setting was upped from 7 to 12 and the CPAP was changed to APAP. Last week I slept with an oximeter (I had only only one low reading lasting a few seconds). When sleeping untreated my wife observed that I seem not to be snoring as much I used to and instead she feels like I may be having hypopneas. In addition, my wife says my feet occasionally jerk in the night. I am already taking Sinemet for a non-specific Parkinsonism that has no observable trembles. Are there any suggestions on why my treatment is not successful?

parc

If you are still sleepy after being treated with CPAP and/or a sleep apnea oral appliance device, you should definitely talk to your doc. One possibility is that your sleep apnea got worse and that you need an increase in pressure/or adjustment to your oral appliance.

Of course, there are so many other things that can cause daytime sleepiness too. You have to rule out the ‘easy’ things first. Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.