Top 10 Sleep Tips – How to sleep better
- Keep a regular bedtime – go to bed at the same time.
- More important than #1, wake up at the same time each morning.
- Don’t read in bed or watch T.V. in bed
- Avoid alcohol and coffee after 4 pm.
- Get brisk morning exercise
- No phones or gadgets in the bedroom
- Don’t take regular naps
- Get early morning bright light
- Avoid bright light in the hours before bedtime
- Have a calming ritual, like yoga or meditation, before bedtime.
Latest posts by ASA Authors & Reviewers (see all)
- Ask The Sleep Doctor: Sleep and Appearance, Sleep and Alzheimer’s and Sleep and Hyperactivity - March 24, 2019
- Ask The Sleep Doctor:Depression and Sleep, Sleep Apps and Sleep Apnea and Car Accidents - February 12, 2019
- Ask The Sleep Doctor:Sleep Apnea in Child, Palpitations, Coffee and Sleep and more - January 18, 2019