Top 10 Sleep Tips – How to sleep better
- Keep a regular bedtime – go to bed at the same time.
- More important than #1, wake up at the same time each morning.
- Don’t read in bed or watch T.V. in bed
- Avoid alcohol and coffee after 4 pm.
- Get brisk morning exercise
- No phones or gadgets in the bedroom
- Don’t take regular naps
- Get early morning bright light
- Avoid bright light in the hours before bedtime
- Have a calming ritual, like yoga or meditation, before bedtime.
Latest posts by Physician Reviewed M.D. (see all)
- Ask The Sleep Doctor:How Common is Sleep Apnea, Vagal Nerve Stimulators, Ambien and More - October 25, 2018
- Ask The Sleep Doctor: Sleep Apnea in Child, Depression and Sleep, MVA and OSA, Morphine & Sleep - September 2, 2018
- Ask The Sleep Doctor: What about 6 Hours of Sleep? Depression and Sleep Apnea? Traveling with CPAP? - August 28, 2018